Castars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum des Stars

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Articles de presse

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Castars
Rang: Administrateur
Castars

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2005-08-02

Articles de presse Empty
PostSubject: Articles de presse   Articles de presse EmptyThu 8 Dec - 22:32

If you find pictures ... send me Mr. Green

Quote :
Lake Louise: American Kirsten Clark on the mend

LAKE LOUISE, ALBERTA — For someone who has been on the podium here at Lake Louise and in the top five on several occasions, it might be surprising that American Kirsten Clark could readily accept a 43rd placing in the first downhill at Lake Louise. That is until you consider she was on crutches less than two months ago.

Reflecting on her race-readiness, Clark said, “I’m probably in late October right now, what with everything that happened this fall.”

Clark went into surgery in the early fall for a minor scope on the knee she injured two seasons ago, but that quickly escalated into a major medical nightmare when she developed a raging infection in her knee. A two-week recovery period turned into two months, as Clark was hospitalized for several days and incapacitated for weeks, just when she should have been putting the finishing touches on her preseason training activities.

In early October, Clark wasn’t sure she’d be ready for Lake Louise and was hoping for Aspen, but there were times when even that seemed like a stretch. In that light, a 43rd in Lake Louise looks a bit brighter. “By January I’m planning on being 100 percent and charging for podiums,” said Clark. But it’s still tough to accept. “I mean it’s race day and you want to be up there and be the best and the fastest, but you also have to take into account that I was still on crutches mid-October. I’m just trying to get a lot of strength back right now and staying with it.”

Quote :
Outside zone of comfort, Theron at her best - Actress not good at being cool

Charlize Theron took home last year’s Best Actress Oscar for her portrayal of a real-life convicted killer in 2003’s Monster. More recently, she has been tearing up the screen as a pioneering female taconite miner fighting sexual harassment in the fact-based drama North Country.

Although the 30-year-old actress may still be, as she says, “young and learning,” shouldn’t she by now be getting used to taking on such strong leading roles? Okay, maybe not ones based on thigh-booted, scantily clad rebel assassin-acrobats from the future.

What drew Theron to the title role in Aeon Flux — a live-action feature film based on the futuristic sci-fi cartoon series by animator Peter Chung — was the fact that, despite the character’s inner and outer strength, the movie felt to her “like a foreign genre”. But, the actress adds: ‘I like being out of my comfort zone.”

Alluding to the fact that the series was known for its sparing use of dialogue, Theron, who has a 12-year background in ballet, says the thing that fascinated her most about the stunt-heavy movie was the idea of “telling stories with your body”. That, and the belief that the adaptation, by writers Phil Hay and Matt Manfredi, remained true to Chung’s dark original vision. Set in a totalitarian regime, where an underground movement strikes back at government oppression with specially trained killers like Theron’s character, the film makes larger points about the struggle of the individual today, Theron says.

Despite the movie’s setting 400 years in the future, “2415 feels very realistic”, she says of the theme of social unrest. “I just loved how outrageous this future was and yet how real and contemporary.” A bit too real, at one point. Ten days into filming, Theron seriously injured her neck doing a back handspring, forcing a temporary halt in production. After intensive physical therapy, Theron returned to work. “It’s important for me not to compromise,” she says.

Compromise isn’t often an option for the actress, who says that, whether she’s doing comedy or an action thriller, she’s always looking for projects that can teach her something she didn’t know before. “I’m not very good at doing things just for the sake of being cool. I don’t feel I can ever just lean on my crutches.”
Dommage que ce soit qu'une image ... Shit
Back to top Go down
Castars
Castars

Articles de presse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Articles de presse   Articles de presse EmptyTue 13 Dec - 0:41

https://spc.swisspostnet.com/100/fr/100/76.html Question
Back to top Go down
Castars
Castars

Articles de presse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Articles de presse   Articles de presse EmptyFri 16 Dec - 0:06

Hospital pleads for the return of crutches

http://www.macclesfield-express.co.uk/news/s/207/207170_hospital_pleads_for_the_return_of_crutches.html
Back to top Go down
Castars
Castars

Articles de presse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Articles de presse   Articles de presse EmptyFri 16 Dec - 0:08

Quote :
The Lame And Fame Go Hand In Crutch

The hottest new accessory for celebrities in various fields also helps them limp down their red carpets of fame: the crutch!

Among its famous current users:

t Rebecca, the plucky young Chicago finalist on "The Apprentice," which culminates with a two-hour finale Thursday night, has hobbled her way to business success. On her crutch for six weeks running, she was never slowed by her broken ankle, outlasting every other competitor but Randal in Donald Trump's seasonal quest for new talent.

t Critics once claimed she used producer Timbaland as a crutch, but hip-hop star Missy Elliott, turned "limp-hop" star, used the real thing to get her through a six-month recovery period for surgery to repair a torn Achilles tendon. It hasn't slowed her appearance at awards shows such as the American Music Awards last month, where she alternated use of her crutch with a motorized scooter some described as "pimped-out." You go, girl!

t The one crutch that made front pages nationally, though, was that of indicted Washington insider Lewis "Scooter" Libby, whose crutch belied his nickname at his arraignment. While pleading not guilty to a five-count felony indictment in the CIA leak case last month, Libby sported a pair of sleek silver crutches while recovering from a foot injury.

TV's Dr. Gregory House still uses a cane to help him get along on "House." But if his producers moved him to a single crutch, like Rebecca, he'd be more hip than the hip-replacement patients he sees. But he's probably too curmudgeonly to join the crowd.

http://www.courant.com/features/lifestyle/hc-crutch.artdec14,0,4859239.story?coll=hc-headlines-life
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Articles de presse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Articles de presse   Articles de presse Empty

Back to top Go down

Articles de presse
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Castars :: Vos Stars :: Vos Alertes-
Jump to: